Rautatalo office building
The Rautatalo office building, planned by Alvar Aalto, was completed in Helsinki city centre in 1955. The building was named Rautatalo ("Iron House") after the federation of Finnish hardware dealers that commissioned it. The main space is a light court, or marble courtyard, that extends from the first floor upwards. The courtyard serves today as a lunch restaurant open to public.