Photo Töölön seurakunta / Juha Martinmaa

Töölö Church

Topeliuksenkatu 4, 00260 Helsinki

The pink Töölö church, representing the classicism of the 1920s, rises at the southern end of Topelius park. The building, completed in 1930, is influenced by Italian rustic churches and renaissance architecture. The altar wall of the church has a partial sketch of an unfinished painting called Iankaikkinen elämä (eternal life), unfinished because of the artist"s unexpected death. On the altar is a wooden crucifix, especially made for the Töölö church in Oberrammergau, known for its Easter plays. The Töölö church was designed by architect Hilding Ekelund.

Close