S:t Henry's Cathedral
Saint Henry's Cathedral, located in Kaivopuisto, Helsinki, is the seat of the Catholic Bishop of Helsinki. The church was built in 1858-1860 when Finland was a Grand Duchy of Imperial Russia. The church has been the Cathedral of the Diocese of Helsinki since 1955. Saint Henry's Cathedral is one of the oldest neo-Gothic churches in Finland. It was designed by German-born architect Ernst Bernhard Lohrmann (1803-1870) who followed Carl Ludvig Engel as Chief Architect in Helsinki.