- Best ways to experience winter in Helsinki
Best ways to experience winter in HelsinkiHelsinki's annual rhythms: WinterRead more
- Best ways to experience winter in HelsinkiBest ways to experience winter in HelsinkiCosy winter Helsinki on InstagramRead more
- Best ways to experience winter in HelsinkiBest ways to experience winter in HelsinkiYour local guide to ChristmasRead more
In winters Helsinki goes through a magical transformation. This is the time to wander through the streets, whilst wrapped up in something warm and visit all the fairs and treats that the city puts together for this season especially!
Winter in Helsinki
From winter sports to best Christmas events, we got you covered.
Hotels for Helsinki winter vacations and staycations
Tips to enjoy the best food Finnish winter has to offer
Breathe in, breathe out and enjoy the outdoors
When the temperatures get low enough, the new possibilities arrive
Selection of our favourite winter spots on a map
- 1. Oodi, Helsinki Central LibraryOodi is Helsinki's new Central Library and a living meeting place in the city centre on the Kansalaistori Square. Oodi is a venue for events, a house of reading and a diverse urban experience. It will provide its users with knowledge, new skills and stories, and will be an easy place to access for learning, story immersion, work and relaxation. Oodi is a library of a new era, a living and functional meeting place open for all.Sustainable service2. Suomenlinna Sea FortressSuomenlinna sea fortress is a Unesco World Heritage Site located on the coast of Helsinki, and also a suburb of Helsinki with around 800 residents.Sustainable service
- 5. Design MuseumThe Design Museum is an internationally recognized national specialist museum of Finnish design. The history of Finnish design is presented in the museums collection exhibition through living narratives, using today's technology and digital applications. The museum organizes eg. workshops and guided tours. There's also the Taito Cafe and the Design Shop museum shop. Free entrance to the Design evenings on every months last Tuesday at 17-20 (not during summer months).Sustainable service6. Kaivopuisto ParkHelsinki's oldest and best known park is surrounded by embassies and villas. The nearby sea, rock cliffs and green lawns offer many opportunities to relax and enjoy the outdoors. During winter, if the snow situation permits, the park is popular for sledding. At the highest point of the park is the Ursa Observatory. There are also several cafées and restaurants along the shore and on the islands.
- 7. Café RegattaAn outdoor café in a small, red cottage by the sea in Töölö with a vintage countryside interior and decoration. Fresh cinnamon buns and other delicacies are served in this charismatic and relaxed atmosphere. It is alsopossible to grill sausages bought from the cafe by the open fire on the yard. Everyone is welcome here, also pets.8. Old Market HallThe Old Market Hall in Helsinki has served its customers since 1889. Merchants sell all sorts of cheese, fish, shellfish, vegetable, fruit and cakes to spices, coffee and tea. They are also more than happy to help with any special orders. Here you can also find the smallest Alko shop for wines and beverages, as well as cafe's and restaurants.
A map is loading