Photo Esko Jämsä
House of the Estates
The House of the Estates, designed by Architect Karl Gustav Nyström, is located in the vicinity of Senate Square and stands opposite the Bank of Finland. The House of the Estates, built between 1888 and 1890 for the three common estates as a venue for meetings during the Assembly of the Representatives of the Estates, was inaugurated in January 1891. This dignified Neo-Renaissance building serves today as a venue for meetings and official functions held by the Prime Minister's Office and other offices of the central government.