Photo Jussi Hellsten
St. John's Church
St. John's Church (Johanneksenkirkko) stands in Punavuori on the hill where midsummer bonfires took place. Representing the neogothic style, it is the largest stone church in Finland. The church was designed by architect Adolf Emil Melander from Stockholm in 1891. Counting the seats, St. John's Church, part of Johannes församling-parish, is the biggest stone church in Finland. The excellent acoustics also make it a much favoured concert venue.