Photo Ramon Maronier / Lähiöfest
The Lauttasaari church, built of sand-blasted white concrete, was completed in 1958. The church, acting as the landmark of Lauttasaari, is close to nature, and daylight pours in through the large windows of the church. The Lauttasaari church, completed in 1958, was designed by architects, Keijo and Marja Petäjä. The interior, lighting and communion set were designed by interior architect, Ilmari Tapiovaara.