The Government Palace
The Government Palace is located beside Senate Square. The building was designed by Carl Ludvig Engel for the use of the Senate that had its seat in Helsinki, the administrative centre of the autonomous Grand Duchy of Finland, which later became the capital of Finland. The building facing the Senate Square was completed in 1822.
Today the Government Palace houses some departments of the Prime Minister's Office, some departments of the Ministry of Finance, and the Office of the Chancellor of Justice.
The Government Palace is not open to the public.