Photo Ramon Maronier / Lähiöfest
The Herttoniemi church, completed in 1958, is a multipurpose building, which houses, in addition to the church, a chapel for ceremonies, a gymnastics hall, an auditorium, an office and club facilities, and a youth office. The church was designed by the architect Osmo Lappo. On the altar wall of the church there is a wooden crucifix by sculptor, Gunnar Uotila. The church textiles were designed by textile artist, Dora Jung, and the altar silver by Academician, Bertel Gardberg.