- Experience Helsinki saunas
Experience Helsinki saunasThe best public saunas in HelsinkiRead more
- Experience Helsinki saunasExperience Helsinki saunas"The sauna is like rite of passage into the weekend"Read more
- Experience Helsinki saunasExperience Helsinki saunas"The sauna is one place your phone doesn't bother you"Read more
- Experience Helsinki saunasExperience Helsinki saunas"The sauna comes close to expanding your consciousness"Read more
What would be more wonderful than laying on a sauna bench, enjoying the hot steams and listening to sounds of the burning wood in the stove.
Experience Helsinki saunas
Try these Helsinki saunas for local atmosphereSwimming places in Helsinki
- 1. Allas Sea PoolAllas Sea Pool is a marine spa and an oasis of urban culture right at the heart of the city.2. LöylyLöyly is a public sauna and restaurant complex in Hernesaari district on the southern tip of Helsinki. The complex includes a traditional Finnish smoke sauna and two other wood-heated saunas, a year-round terrace and a restaurant. The saunas offer direct access to the outdoor seating area and the sea, where it is possible to enjoy a refreshing swim, all year round. There are separate changing rooms and shower facilities for men and women but as the saunas and other public areas are mixed, it means that customers are respectfully asked to wear swimming costumes at all times. The restaurant, favoring ecological and locally produced ingredients, offers lunch, dinner and brunch on Saturdays.
- 4. Uusi SaunaUusi Sauna in Jätkäsaari is a modern neighbourhood sauna, a combination of a public sauna and a restaurant. Uusi Sauna restaurant seats 100 and has two outdoor terraces. The saunas, separate for men and women, are heated with wood pellets. There's also one electric heated sauna which can be booked for private use.5. KulttuurisaunaArchitect Tuomas Toivonen´s and Nene Tsuboi´s ecological design -sauna in the shadow of sculptural Merihaka district.6. Lähteen saunaThe sauna, originally built in the 1880's, was used by the hospital staff and patients in the early days. The sea shore and the magnifique surroundings of the former hospital area offer a unique sauna experience in Helsinki. The sauna hours open to public are Tue-Thu, some of the hours are mixed sauna hours. It is also possible to book the sauna for private use outside the regular opening hours.
- 7. Kotiharju SaunaKotiharjun Sauna is the last genuine wood-heated traditional public sauna in Helsinki and has welcomed sauna-goers since 1928. Hardy washing ladies are still on hand to scrub the living daylights out of you should you wish, and massage, cupping and manicures and pedicures are also available by booking in advance. Washing available Sat at 16-19. Towels to rent.8. Sauna HermanniSauna Hermanni is one of the three remaining public saunas in Helsinki serving its customers since 1953. The Iki-Kiuas stoves give you nice mellow and relaxing experience. The saunas are separate for women and men. It is possible to rent a towel. Small snacks are also available. Cupping and massage available upon request, reservations, tel.+358 40 838 8963.9. KuusijärviKuusijärvi is a popular all-season outdoor recreational center. In summertime a large sandy beach and in wintertime a beautiful cross-country skiing landscape with an invigorating ice swimming possibility are the foundations for Kuusijärvi's popularity. Kuusijärvi offers the only traditional smoke saunas in Helsinki Metropolitan area open to public on regular basis. Restaurant Cafe Kuusijärvi is open throughout the year and serves lunch on weekdays and soup lunch on weekends.
A map is loading